This section is about the two Bachelor of Science degree programs in MME.
- Bachelor of Science in Materials Science and Engineering (BSMSE)
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
For information on post graduate degree programs view the "Graduate Studies" section.
Both the BSMSE and BSME degree programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. On our ABET site you may read about our program evaluation and accreditation process.
The School has professors on all four of our campuses Pullman, Tri-cities, Bremerton, and Everett providing students with both academic and career advising. The majority of courses are taught by the resident faculty. Adjunct and visiting faculty are also utilized to enhance the educational opportunities for the students. Student contact with the faculty outside of scheduled course times is strongly encouraged.
Fields of Study
Within each accredited degree program there are a number of fields of study.
Materials Science and Engineering: Pullman
- Electronic Materials
Mechanical Engineering: Pullman, Bremerton, and Everett
- Mechanical Design
- Thermal Design
Requests for applications and new student information
- Bachelor of Science Degree seeking students: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write by Mail
- Student Services
School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Washington State University
PO Box 642920
Pullman, WA 99164-2920
- Bachelor of Science Degree seeking students: (509) 335-8582
Faculty ProfilesOn this visit we highlight:
PhD in Materials Science and Engineering from Iowa State University, 2014 with MME since 2014, more...
- Multifunctional polymers and composites
- Stimuli-responsive liquid crystals
- Liquid crystalline thermosets and elastomers