There are several established programs in MME that you may participate in to contribute to the future of our student engineers.
Mechanical and Materials Engineering Excellence FundThe Mechanical and Materials Engineering Excellence Fund is utilized to support the activities of the school not directly funded by the university. Each year over $50,000 are spent from the fund supporting academic activities in the school.
- Use your Master- or Visa card now online:
Mechanical and Materials Engineering Excellence Fund
- Student Groups are one of the activities supported with the development fund.
- Donating to the fund .
MME has over 30 named scholarships available to students, each year over $60,000 in scholarships are awarded.
- To honor Dr. Hirth's legacy at Washington State University, we are starting the John Hirth Excellence Fund in Material Science. We would like to endow this fund at $100,000, which would generate $4,000 in scholarship awards. This Scholarship fund will continue to support hundreds of Material Science students for many years to come. We ask that you consider making a 5-year pledge to maximize your gift to this scholarship endowment. All donors who pledge $5,000 or more will be recognized on a plaque in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering. Gifts of any amount are appreciated. To maximize your gift, please check to see if your employer will match your donation.
- Giving to a scholarship fund : how to make your donation.
At Washington State University endowed chairs and professorships are reserved for distinguished scholars and teachers. An endowed chair or professorship provides funds to a faculty member in support of their teaching, research, and service.
- Herman and Brita Lindholm Endowed Chair in Metallurgy
- Dr. Amit Bandyopadhyay 2014-2019
- Dr. Susmita Bose 2014-2019
- Westinghouse Distinguished Professorship in Materials Science and Engineering
- Dr. Wiehong (Katie) Zhong 2012-2018
- Establishing an Endowment
Development FundThe development fund is utilized to support the activities of the school not directly funded by the university. Each year over $50,000 are spent from the fund supporting academic activities in the school.
Direct Equipment giftsMany corporations have donated equipment directly to the school.
For further information contact:
Senior Director of Development
Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture Telephone: 509-335-2197 E-Mail: email@example.com
School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
Washington State University
P.O. Box 642920
Pullman, WA 99164-2920
Telephone: 509 335 8654; Fax: 509 335 4662
Faculty ProfilesOn this visit we highlight:
Lloyd V. Smith
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Utah in 1994 with MME since 1996, more...
- Composite Materials:
- multi-axial characterization
- damage and failure modeling
- environmental degradation
- Sports Science
- experimental bat and ball performance
- numeric modeling of sport ball impacts
- protective equipment and head injury