Cecilia D. Richards
Joined MME in 1992;
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of California at Irvine in 1990
- MEMS power
- Advanced energy systems
- Spray combustion
- Two-phase flows
- Air breathing engines
National & International Recognition:
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2014)
- National Science Foundation Young Investigator (1994)
- B. S. Preetham, M. Anderson, C. Richards, “Mathematical Modeling of a Four Stroke Resonant Engine for Micro and Mesoscale Applications”, J of Appl Phys, 116(2), 214904, 2014.
- B. S. Preetham, M. Anderson, C. Richards, “Estimation of Parasitic Losses in a Proposed Mesoscale Resonant Engine: Experiment and Model”, J of Appl Phys, 115(1), 05940, 2014.
- H. Lee, C.D. Richards, R.F. Richards, "Experimental and Numerical Study of Microchannel Heater/Evaporators for Thermal Phase-Change Actuators", Sensors and Actuators A, DOI 10.1016/j.sna.2013.02.004, 2013.
- H. Bardaweel, M. Anderson, R. Richards, C. Richards, “Characterization of the Thermodynamic Cycle of a MEMS-based External Combustion Resonant Engine”, Microsyst Tech, Vol 18, 693, 2012.
- A Hamdan, F Sahli, R Richards and C Richards, “Characterization of a Dielectric Microdroplet Thermal Interface Material with Dispersed Nanoparticles”, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 14, 1111, 2012.