Joined MME in 1992;
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from University of California at Irvine in 1990
- MEMS power
- Advanced energy systems
- Spray combustion
- Two-phase flows
- Air breathing engines
National & International Recognition:
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2014)
- National Science Foundation Young Investigator (1994)
- H. Lee, C.D. Richards, R.F. Richards, "Experimental and Numerical Study of Microchannel Heater/Evaporators for Thermal Phase-Change Actuators", Sensors and Actuators A, DOI 10.1016/j.sna.2013.02.004, 2013
- B. S. Preetham, M. Anderson, C. Richards, Modeling of a resonant heat engine, Accepted J of Appl Phys, 112, 124903,2012
- H. Bardaweel, M. Anderson, R. Richards, C. Richards, Characterization of the thermodynamic cycle of a MEMS-based external combustion resonant engine, Microsyst Tech, Vol 18, 693, 2012.
- A Hamdan, F Sahli, R Richards and C Richards Characterization of a dielectric microdroplet thermal interface material with dispersed nanoparticles, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 14, 1111, 2012.
- L. Weiss, C Richards and R Richards, Power Output and Force Generation by a MEMS Phase Change Actuator, JMEMS, Vol. 20, 1287, 2011.